Communications and Development AssociateCompany: Hope Community Resources
Date Posted: October 16, 2017
The Communications and Development Associate provides services to Hope support recipients through their work in Public Relations and Development. The Communications and Development Associate’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Development Officer to ensure effective donor-centered communications and to grow philanthropic support for Hope. This position assists with the implementation of all internal and external fundraising events and public relations; assists with print, website, social media, and press communications; donation tracking; and donor acknowledgement. The Communications and Development Associate maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations, and to the recipients of services.
1. Processes donations in accordance with Hope’s Fundraising Guidelines and ensures accuracy against the restricted account and the monthly Budget Variance Reports.
2. Provides support to the Development Officer on gift solicitations, including conducting research, preparing donor packets, and assisting with follow up communications.
3. Creates and processes donor thank you letters and special mailings in accordance with the Donor Recognition and Development Plans.
4. Assists the department with print, website, social media, and press communications on behalf of the Agency.
5. Assists with the planning and implementation of all fundraising and special event activities for the Agency.
6. Compiles data and statistics for executive and board reports regarding fundraising endeavors and department activity.
7. Maintains the donor database, updates donor records, creates donor reports, and handles database inquiries.
8. Processes and tracks department expenses and ensures accuracy against the monthly Budget Variance Reports, in conjunction with the Development Officer.
Associate degree in Public Relations or related field required. Experience in lieu of education may be accepted on a two for one basis in appropriate fields.
Two years of experience in public relations, development, data entry, or clerical setting required.
Any questions regarding the position, please contact Kris Jez at 907-433-4910.
Sumit applications on line at https://careers-hopealaska.icims.com/jobs/2252/anchorage%3a-communications-and-development-associate/job or in person at Hope Community Resources, Inc., 540 W. Int'l Airport Road.